Friendship and leisure activities are an essential part of growing up for all young people. Often children and young people with disabilities don’t get the same opportunities to join clubs, make friends with other young peers or take part in everday leisure activities.
What is a Volunteer?
A volunteer is someone who freely gives their time to help and support others.
Why are Volunteers important to CCBS?
Volunteers are an essential part of the Central Cheshire Buddy Scheme. With your help, disabled children will be able to access various clubs and activities enabling them to take part, like other young people.
What are the benefits of becoming a Volunteer?
- An oportunity to learn new skills.
- Work towards an accreditation (eg. Duke of Edinbrough / ASDAN awards).
- An opportunity to work with disabled children and young people.
- A chance to meet new people.
- Gain valuable experience.
- A chance to have fun!
What can CCBS offer to you?
- Payment of expenses
- Training and support
- Regular Social events
What we would expect in return?
- Willingness to get involved and to ‘have a go’