Supporting Over 150 Young People & Their Families
The aim of CCBS is to give children and young people with disabilities new experiences to enhance their lives, develop skills and to offer an opportunity to make friends and develop friendships in a safe environment.
- We run 9 activity clubs a month supporting over 150 disabled children and young people.
- We support disabled children and young people aged 8-25years.
- We have 4 members of staff, 7 trustees and 10 volunteers.
- We support parent carers and sibling young carers which enables us to provide support to the whole family.
- To provide friendship opportunities to disabled young people who would not normally have the opportunity to meet friends outside school hours.
- To offer practical support to get involved in leisure activities and to develop new skills, and to visit new places with friends as part of a group.
- To organise regular social events as part of the activity groups
- To provide training opportunities for young people to give them the skills to befriend a disabled young person
- Produce an annual report to promote the work of CCBS.
- To raise funds to enable disabled children to be involved in youth club activities.
- To create positive volunteering opportunities for young people.
- To support young people with disabilities to achieve awards through accredited schemes.
- To create opportunities for disabled and non disabled young people to interact.
Central Cheshire Buddy Scheme became a registered Charity in 2015. The Trustees are responsible for the operation of the charity, the trustees are the governance of the charity and have the final say.
The Trustees are from all walks of life, they bring a variety of skills – knowledge, abilities, and experience as service users of the charity.
They all meet on a regular basis with the other trustees and representatives from the charity to make important decisions about the charity’s work. The trustees all share an interest in CCBS and are willing to give up their free time to help run the charity.
Meet The Trustees
- James Edwards
- Simon Lawley
- Anne Williams
- Helen Spencer
- Debbie Murray
- Anne Triner
- Bob Ellison
Policies and Procedures
If you have any queries with regards to CCBS policies and procedures please download and view the following documents for reference:
GDPR and Data Protection
We take the issue of personal data collection very seriously. To this end, our secure online forms are protected by an SSL encryption. This means that all data transmitted via the form is done so securely.
Additionally – data sent via the form is immediately transmitted securely to one of our representatives, again using an SSL encryption. Our representative will store the data securely on our fully data protection act-compliant system.