Central Cheshire Buddy Scheme (CCBS) is a registered charity organisation. Established in 2004 CCBS supports children and young people with disabilities, their families and their siblings through activity clubs, holiday clubs and residential breaks. CCBS currently runs 8 activity groups, supporting over 150 young people and their families.
The aim of CCBS is to give children and young people with disabilities new experiences to enhance their lives, develop skills and to offer an opportunity to make friends and develop friendships in a safe environment.
- To provide friendship opportunities to disabled young people who would not normally have the opportunity to meet friends outside school hours.
- To offer practical support to get involved in leisure activities and to develop new skills, and to visit new places with friends as part of a group.
- To organise regular social events as part of the activity groups
- To provide training opportunities for young people to give them the skills to befriend a disabled young person
- Produce an annual report to promote the work of CCBS.
- To raise funds to enable disabled children to be involved in youth club activities.
- To create positive volunteering opportunities for young people.
- To support young people with disabilities to achieve awards through accredited schemes.
- To create opportunities for disabled and non disabled young people to interact.